Split PST-Product Review
Split Large PST Into Multiple PST Files With Split PST Utility
The Split PST software is used to split large PST files. In this review we have put together all the features a provided by the software. Also a brief comparison between MS Outlook Tools Split PST, Kernel PST Split and Manual method is given in order to give the viewers a brief preview of additional features exhibited by the software.
Features at a Glance
- Splits both ANSI and UNICODE PST files.
- Splits PST file according to date, year, folder and size.
- Option to split items like emails, contacts, etc.
- It supports splitting of archive.pst folder.
Necessity to Split PST File
Microsoft Outlook 2002 and earlier versions supported ANSI PST files. Outlook limits the size of these ANSI PST files to 2 GB. The data stored in the PST files undergoes corruption whenever the PST file exceeds this size. Also other issues which arise due to file size limitation are- Outlook hangs while opening, problems in sending and receiving mails, etc. MS Outlook 2003 and later versions support UNICODE PST files. Although it does not impose any 2 GB size limitation on the PST file, but low performance issues are encountered when the size increases beyond 10 GB. Therefore, all these issues call for a solution for avoiding data loss i.e. Splitting of PST files.
Comparison Between MS Outlook Tools Split PST And Other Products
|Feature||MS Outlook Tools Split PST||Kernel PST Split||Manually Archiving PST File|
|Split By Date||ü||ü||X|
|Split By Size||ü||ü||X|
|Split By Year||ü||X||ü|
|Split By Folder||ü||X||ü|
|Split Outlook Archive Files||ü||X||X|
|Option To Choose Outlook Format||ü||X||X|
|CSV Log Report||ü||X||X|
Major Features Of MS Outlook Tools Split PST
In this section, we have put together all the major features of Split PST software to split large PST file into small parts. This will help out to give a detailed and a descriptive look of the product as a whole.
- Select Outlook Format
This feature enables the user to choose the Outlook format so as to split PST file. If the user has MS Outlook 2002 or earlier versions then ANSI PST file will split and if MS Outlook 2003 and later versions is installed then it means the software will split.
UNICODE PST file.
- Split Options
- Split By Size: This feature allows the user to split PST file according to the size. The size of the resultant files can be between 5 MB to 10 GB.
- Split By Date: This feature allows the user to split the PST files according to the specified date of emails.
- Split By Year: This allows the user to split PST files according to the specified year.
- Split By Folder: This allows the user to split the PST file according to folders. Each folder will have a separate PST file.
- Selected Split Option
You can browse the PST file that you want to split and the location for saving the split files by Browse option. In the selected split option dialog box the user needs to enter the date, year, size and names of folder of PST file that he intends to split.
- Progress Report
The progress report generated displays the total number of items present in the resultant PST file. It gives the details like the destination of the resultant file, source path, etc.
The Split PST software is available to the users in two versions:
- Trial/Free Version: The Company has launched a trial version of the software so the users can have a try on the software. As the name suggests it is available for free and can be downloaded from the official website of the The demo version will split first 50 emails and for Split By Folder it will split 10 mails per folder.
- Licensed Version: After trying the software using the Trial version you can purchase the licensed version of the software from the official website. The licensed version gives you the advantage over the trial version. You can split all the emails with any of the split options.
- Version: 2
- Size:4 MB
- Compatibility: Windows 8.1 and other below versions
- Processor: 1 GHz processor
- RAM: 512 MB of RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 5 MB of free hard disk space
- MS Outlook: MS Outlook 2000 and above versions
Pre Requisite: In case you have Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 Operating System then keep in mind to launch the tool as “Run As Administrator”
- 4 options to split PST file.
- Supports both ANSI and UNICODE PST file.
- Split all items of PST file.
- Does not split corrupted PST file.
- No search option to select a particular item.
- Preview is generated after splitting PST file.
Based on the overall performance and the bundle of features that are offered by the tool, we would like to rate Split PST as 9.8/10. Although the tool does not support splitting corrupted PST files, but it does split healthy PST files by 4 different options. It is a tool coming from trusted sources and is worth investing.